Bridging Eastern and Western Psychiatry
Competition for Young Doctors, Researches and Students 2019
Association «Bridging Eastern and Western Psychiatry» (http://bridgingpsyjournal.eu) and the journal of the same name announce the 21th international competition for psychiatrists, residents in psychiatry or medical doctors.
The winners will be invited to present their works at the annual conference of the association, which will be held in Iasi (Romania) on 9th -12th May 2019. The monetary prize up to 300 Euros aims to compensate part of their expenses for the participation in the conference. The winners will be also exempt from the conference fees. There are three categories of awards
- Best Young Researcher (Dr. Manuel Paes de Sousa Award)
- Best Senior Researcher (Prof. Adam Szymusic Award)
- Best Psychiatrist in Bridging Western and Eastern Psychiatry (Dr. Andrej Marusic Award)
Criteria for the awards will be the following:
- Highest impact research paper in psychiatry in the previous 3 years. Impact will be measured according to larger number of citations. Candidates have to be younger than 40.
- International research and clinical experience in the previous 10 years, as proved by research and clinical experience in country of origin and abroad, in prestigious Institutions.
- Activity in Bridging initiatives, for example as organization of conference, organization of special groups /courses / initiatives in the conference, involvement of other collegues.
Submission for each category of award:
- PDF of the publication, CV, and letter of recommendation.
- CV, and letter of recommendation from international institutions
- CV, and evidence of an active role in promoting Bridging activities, as confirmed by the head of Selection Committee.
Submission deadline is February 2019
All submission must be sent to the secretary of the contest (Marco Solmi, MD) to email@example.com
The Selection Committee consists from the psychiatrists and scientists from Eastern and Western Europe and Central Asia. The head of the Selection Committee is Dr. Maria Luísa Figueira, Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Lisbon.
Selection results will be announced within April 2019.